Friday, March 13, 2015

Love a little BB.



Ya'll heard of BB Cream yet? They are all over. Beauty Balm is not just a tinted moisturizer. It was developed to be an after surgery and facial peels cream. Helping to calm redness, protect skin with sunblock, and add moisture and vitamins to skin.

It can be used in place of a facial primer, meaning under foundation or powder, or it can be worn alone. I tried it first last summer as a sheer foundation choice. Basically I though it was just a tinted moisturizer that I had used before but with added redness minimization. I really love to wear a foundation that's looks like I'm not wearing a foundation for sommer days. I go swimming and to the park with fake bareface. I prefer my face more even toned than natural but in a way that looks natural. Because I heard once that the best make up a girl can wear is the kind the boys doesn't know she is wearing. Which I believe is SOMETIMES true. Mainly summer days. 

So last year I just went to the drugstore and grabbed Covergirls CG smothers BB cream. First I thought it was pretty amazing. I wore it all the time and I was happy about it. I didn't last very long, a couple hours, but that's what happened with tinted moisturizers so it was expected.

This year I gave in to marketing surrounding the new Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I'm usually not a fan of bare minerals- mineral make up in general really because It never apply' evenly, even if it's MAC. But I really love their, Bare Minerals, eye Primer. So I thought since a BB cream is basically a optional stand alone facial primer there's could be amazing. So I read up on reviews and they seamed so-so. For $30 I wasn't really looking for so-so. I was happy last summer. 

I could have just dropped it but I had a lot of MAC gift cards to spend from my birthday, everyone knows me well, so I tried MAC's Prep and Prime BB cream. They have a compact as well but I feel like:
  1. I have dry skin and compact products are usually dryer. 
  2. I use a lot more product when it comes out of a compact, which is not necessary. 
So I went with the cream. 
You guys it's amazing. Compared to cheaper products it is thicker and therefore a little harder to spread. You can tell that it is not just filled with filler moisturizer so it gives more of a medium coverage but not necessarily like what you would be used to with a foundation. Also the thicker the product, the less you need to use. So it lasts longer. You can wear it all day and then put a more thorough foundation on if you have an event or just for evening. I use MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation and I really hardly need to add any when I have this BB cream under it, even when I'm doing a contoured technique.
Speaking of contour... did you see that first picture? There's a L'Oreal brand BB cream in there? Yes i read some blog/pinterest recommendations and that is the brand I went with. They have a redness specific one that I bought for my sister-in-law. I'll let you know what she says about that. But while I was there Target had this tube of DEEP for $2. Deep? Danielle you're white. Yes but BB cream is not foundation, it is thinner. I like to go a shade darker for a tan effect. Deep still seemed a little much but I knew this brand had color burst technology, meaning when you see it on your finger it's white and grayish. When you press it into your skin is when you see the color.
While watching a MAC senior artist you tube video on contouring they advised but two different shades of foundation: on for highlight, one for contour. So this deep BB cream? I can used it to add a little contour on my cheekbones and jaw. Success.
What brands have all ya'll tried? Any recommendations for me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment