Friday, September 16, 2011

In honor of the baby shower tomorrow...

I will unveil my baby corner. I really like it. and all though it's not done 100 percent yet it makes me feel good. I really, really hope that it will make my little girl feel good too, and that she will feel welcome cuz she really, really is. And maybe I just teared up a little there. it's fine guys.

SO, every baby space needs a theme. and as in my inspiration: I choose aviary. Birdies are pretty and happy just like Lydia will be. :) I decided that I didn't like how cartoon those $60.00 dollar baby mobiles are. And I wanted my mobile to match. And Also not sing, as its in my bedroom.
I wanted something that looked realistic, you know so she could learn realistically.
I found a website that did some like that... for like just $162.00 - me and my expensive taste.
But then i thought... I can do that. So i did. And it was like 40 bucks tops between hobby lobby (it was my first time there) and tai pan (we are good friends).
I attached it to a net and hung it high enough for baby (and kitty) not to reach. ( he watches it all the time, the kitty ;) )



Its a little family of birds in there. 
Baby view. 

I had some extra materials so, an arrangement was in order. 
and every baby girl needs hat boxes to store onsies in, duh. 

and that mirror there was once the color maple. BUT martha stewart, home depot, and I like it better sparkly gray. Even Kasey likes it, I think, though he called it girly. (So sorry you were outvoted dear) 


OH, and i made a little custom piece of art for this tiny love of mine. it looks like this:


i like lace flowers. 


So in all - so far. 
Here it is kids. 


I'm happy. 


         

3 comments: